“ BUILDING COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE has Taught Us Skills We Apply to All Development…”
–Rich Napoli, COO, OFS
Software Product Development
OFS knows that building commercial-grade software that generates revenue is very different than building internal IT applications, which are developed for a single end-user.
We believe that software products, unlike IT applications, must have a single code-base that is:
- Scalable – to handle both small and large clients.
- Configurable – to handle different customer operating scenarios.
- Compelling – your UI must attract your buyer’s eye and have features that differentiate you from your competition
- ‘Multi’ -enabled:
- Multi -country- to handle different currencies and date formats
- Multi lingual – to present the UI in different languages, including the ideographic ones, such as Chinese and Japanese that use double-byte representation and storage
- Multi platform – to be able to run on Unix, Windows, Apple, Android and Blackberry deployment environments
- Multi tenancy – to support multiple customers on a single instance of your software for SaaS and other hosted environments while keeping customer data separate.
Knowing that software products must generate revenue for our customers, OFS builds software products using this philosophy:
- You must get new releases out quickly in order to keep revenues coming.
- The reputation of your firm is riding on your product's quality.
- You face constant competitive pressure to innovate in a timely manner.
- Your product's architecture must be sound to support 8-10 years of extensions and new releases.
OFS will deliver software for your business that drives revenue while keeping your development costs low and your product quality high.